Most children are deficient in EPA and DHA, the omega-3 essential fatty acids found in fish oil. These nutrients are crucial building blocks for child development and many other aspects of health, including brain and eye function.* And as back to school time approaches, it’s important to make sure your little one is getting a healthy dose of omega-3s every day.
Essential Fatty Acids include omegas 3 and 6 – essential for proper health and unique in that, unlike Vitamin D, our bodies cannot produce them on our own. Instead, our bodies access these fats through diet and supplements. Apart from development and brain health, omegas are also linked to a healthy immune response, joint mobility, and healthy skin and hair.*
Despite relatively easy access to fatty acids, many people around the world are Omega-3 deficient. The Western diet, which is focuses more on lean meats and less on fish, is one of the biggest causes in this deficiency. And our children, more typically inclined to prefer a chicken nugget over a salmon fillet, need omega-3s for strong growing bodies and minds.
If you’re worried about spending a fortune on fresh fish, don’t be. A much easier solution to providing a healthy balance of omega-3 in your child’s diet is through daily supplements. Nordic Naturals has a full-range of fish oils, formulated specifically for children. It’s a safe, pure, and effective way to support your child’s mental and physical well-being. Their formulas are gluten-free, dairy-free, and yeast-free, and include:
- Children’s DHA (soft gel caps): made exclusively from 100% wild Arctic cod, these delicious strawberry-flavored gel caps are rich in omega-3 DHA, and can be swallowed by children three years and older.
- Children’s DHA (liquid): made exclusively from 100% wild Arctic cod, this delicious strawberry-flavored liquid is rich in omega-3 DHA, and is safe for children twelve months and older.
- Ultimate Omega Junior (soft gel caps): provides high-intensity omega-3s in easy-to-swallow strawberry-flavored gel caps. Just one serving provides 640 mg of omega-3s, safe for children five years and older.
- Nordic Omega-3 Gummy Worms: a delicious way to have your omega-3s and eat them, too! Also available as bite-sized gummies and Gummy Fish, they are the perfect option for the kid who refuses to swallow a pill or take liquid. Safe for ages 2 years and above.
- Plus, quite a few others, including support for adults and even pets!
It seems our responsibility to warn you – these gummy vitamins are additive. Like, how many can an adult eat before it’s too much omega-3 addictive. In fact, these gummies taste so much like candy that you will find a bottle on nearly every desk in our office. That’s right, at Earth Fare, we have our omega-3 needs covered! What does this mean for you? Your kids will love them and you might even sneak in one or two a day yourself.
Nordic Naturals has been revolutionizing Omega-3s since 1995, pioneering a new definition of fish oil as it relates to purity, freshness, taste, and dosage. Based in Watsonville, CA, the company also offers complementary, foundation nutrients essential to health. Their portfolio, which is distributed to over 35 countries, includes more than 200 products in a variety of flavors and formulations for adults, kids, athletes, and pets. Family owned, Nordic Naturals works passionately to see generations of healthier, happier people around the world.