The ultimate self-care guide
Diffusing essential oils every evening is like waking up and making a matcha latte–it has become the norm in my life, and I am completely okay with it. I first started using essential oils to make my home smell good, but I was completely unaware of all their benefits.
I started doing my own research and learned there are many ways to incorporate essential oils into our lives besides just diffusing them. Some of my favorite ways to use them are by applying them topically, ingesting them with food or drink, and adding them to a warm bath.
There are so many different oils out there to choose from, so I recommend doing your own research to see what you could actually benefit from. I always keep my go-to oils on hand just in case I ever need them. My favorite way to store them safely is in a reusable, plastic-free bag.
Try some of these essential oils and essential oil blends!
- Earth Fare Lavender Oil: Enhances calmness and relieves stress. Mix 2-3 drops in a carrier oil, like coconut, jojoba, or argan, and rub directly on skin for relaxing benefits.
- Clary Sage: Relieves cramps, reduces bloating, and supports hormonal balance. Rub 2-3 drops directly onto your lower abdomen in a circular motion.
DIY Essential Oil Blends
Combine 2-3 drops of each oil in an oil diffuser, a warm bath, or in a carrier oil to apply topically.
- Balance for tranquility: Earth Fare Orange, Earth Fare Peppermint, Earth Fare Lavender, Geranium
- Calm to reduce stress: Earth Fare Lavender, Earth Fare Orange, Cedarwood
- Focus to enhance mindfulness: Earth Fare Rosemary, Earth Fare Peppermint, Earth Fare Orange, Earth Fare Lemon
- Uplift to promote a feeling of inspiration: Earth Fare Orange, Earth Fare Frankincense, Earth Fare Lavender, Grapefruit, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang
Of course, diffusing these oils is always one way to use them and still gives you all the benefits. Not only do they make your home smell good, but they have many health benefits as well! Tag @aecwellness and @earthfare to show us your favorite ways to use essential oils.