It’s the time of year when little hands search for eggs hidden by a sneaky bunny. From dyeing the eggs to carefully placing each treasure in their basket, it’s a lot of ‘hands-on’ time. So it’s important to use all natural ingredients so your little ones enjoy the fun, worry-free. This natural egg dye recipe has no artificial colors or ingredients so you can color beautiful Easter Eggs as nature intended! Natural Easter Egg Dye Makes 12 colorful eggs Supplies
- 1 dozen eggs, hard-boiled and cooled
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 cup raw beets, roughly chopped (Pink)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric (Yellow)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (Green)
- 1 small red cabbage head, chopped (Blue)
- 2 tablespoons red wine (Deep Purple)
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee (Tan)
- 2 tablespoons saffron (Yellow)
- Bring water, salt and vinegar to a boil.
- In separate containers, add natural ingredients for desired colors.
- Dip eggs in the desired color (or colors, if making a pattern).
- For a deeper color, soak eggs in their color containers with natural dye overnight.
- For a deeper pop of color, rub a small amount of olive oil over the dry eggs after coloring. This will enhance the color even more.