It’s the Holidays, and everyone is gathering, eating cookies, reminiscing on the past year, and sharing gifts. One of the most fun and exciting parts of all the parties is gift giving, showing each other that we “get them.” We spend all this time picking out the perfect gifts for our loved ones, mulling over their likes and dislikes, their wants and needs. It’s a puzzle, and we put in a lot of effort putting the pieces together.
Those pieces can get harder to put together though when you start to consider where some gifts are coming from and what materials are being used. Many conventional gifts are mass produced with unsafe materials and without promising that their workers have safe working conditions or make a living wage. It can make walking through any store dizzying.
When you find a gift that hits all the marks though, ethical, sustainable, perfect, it’s like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. That’s why Earth Fare offers gifts that check every point on your shopping list. From hand poured, local candles to Fair Trade wool ornaments, there’s something for everyone. Now, you can be just as happy about the gift as they are.
Reasons to Buy Fair Trade and Sustainable Gifts:
● Fair Trade products are made in safe and healthy working conditions, where farmers and producers receive a fair price and have a voice in how their workplace is run.
● Artisans who are treated fairly take pride in their work. Crafts are often handmade, which translates into closer attention to detail and higher quality products in the end.
● Supporting sustainable practices, such as repurposing and small farms, minimizes our environmental footprint.
● Fair Trade products are unique to the places they come from and the people who make them. Since artisans are involved in the entire process, Fair Trade products reflect the people and
cultures they come from.
● By choosing Fair Trade and sustainable products, you’re purchasing high quality products and are making a difference in the lives of the people who made them.