Today’s world is full of endless distractions. The entire internet is constantly at our fingertips, sapping our attention and preventing us from disconnecting. But taking a moment to pause is comforting and essential to a healthy, long life.
If you’re like most of us, you might need an excuse to take a break – a purpose or something to occupy your senses so your mind can truly escape. And how great would it be if that excuse was delicious and nourishing, too?
Enter Golden Milk, a tasty beverage used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. This creamy milk is full of the taste and aroma of spices – reminiscent of eggnog or horchata. It’s warm and inviting, and naturally lures you into a quiet moment of silence, just sipping and enjoying the moment. But the taste of Golden Milk is not the only benefit. The namesake of this drink comes from the golden orange hue of Turmeric, an herb known for its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Making Golden Milk traditionally requires a little bit of time and gathering all of the ingredients, including ground turmeric and a variety of spices. But who has the time? Gaia Herbs Golden Milk makes it easy to enjoy a steaming cup of this creamy and nourishing treat, no matter where you are. All you need is warm milk, a cup, and a spoon. This special blend from Gaia Herbs includes:
- Turmeric: a versatile herb that offers whole-body support, with both antioxidant support and support for a healthy inflammatory response.*
- Black Pepper: better supports the absorption of Turmeric, and also provides a hint of spiciness. In traditional Ayurveda, black pepper is used to promote the natural release of digestive secretions.*
- Vanilla: has long been used to boost mood naturally with its sweet aroma.* And, it’s also a delicious treat in warm milk.
- Ashwagandha: an adaptogenic herb that tonifies the entire system, and one of the most popular Ayurvedic herbs used today.*
- Cardamom: used to support the digestive system. As a sister herb to Ginger, Cardamom supports the elimination of intestinal gas and improves digestive function.*
- Dates: provide a natural sweetness, as well as B vitamins, fiber, and minerals.
Gaia Herbs uses organic Turmeric and Ashwagandha, and the entire blend is vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, and soy-free.
Not sure how to fit Golden Milk into your daily routine? Try replacing your morning coffee or afternoon tea with Golden Milk. Because it’s naturally caffeine-free, it also makes an excellent night cap before bed, or an after dinner sweet treat. You can also customize with additional supportive herbs, like Ginseng, Cinnamon Bark, or Holy Basil Leaf.
To serve, simply mix Gaia Herbs Golden Milk into a cup of your favorite milk (warmed). Or, for a more traditional and hearty version, try the simple recipe below.
Traditional Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 serving Gaia Herbs Golden Milk
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1-2 teaspoons honey, to taste
- Optional additional herbs: ginger, allspice, cloves, or nutmeg
- Place ghee in small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Once melted, whisk in Gaia Herbs Golden Milk, saffron, and milk.
- Heat, stirring often, until mixture is quite warm but not boiling.
- Remove from heat, and add honey to taste.
- Pour into a cup, and drink immediately.
Gaia Herbs is a leading herbal brand with more than 200 liquid extracts, functional powders, teas, and patented Liquid Phyto-Caps™. On their farms in the US and Costa Rica, Gaia Herbs uses only organic methods to cultivate more than 6.5 million plants each year and that same organic approach is maintained throughout the manufacturing process to achieve the highest efficacy of each herb. Their seed to shelf commitment to purity, integrity, and potency ensures the highest quality and allows for complete transparency through MeetYourHerbs®, the industry’s only traceability program.