With the growing popularity of high fat diets, MCT oil has become an essential (you have heard of Bulletproof coffee, right?). Like coconut and olive oil, MCT oil is made of fatty acids called triglycerides, and “MCT” stands for “medium chain triglycerides, a type of fatty acid. This saturated fatty acid is naturally found in coconut oil, but pure MCT from Bulletproof is more concentrated, so you get more of its benefits, including increased energy, endurance, metabolism, satiety, and brain function.
Saturated Fats Facts:
- MCT oil is a purified form of saturated fat, which is actually good for you! It’s essential to brain function and cell membrane integrity, and it is a great source of energy on a high-fat diet as long–as you’re getting it from quality sources, like coconut and MCT oil.
- Some so-called healthy fats, like vegetable oil and canola oil, are bad news. Polyunsaturated fats from vegetable oils are unstable and oxidize easily during processing. They can damage your DNA, contribute to inflammation, and don’t support brain health.
- MCT oil is colorless, odorless, and stays liquid at room temperature, making it the perfect fat to add to food, smoothies, and coffee for extra energy and brain-boosting benefits.
Benefits of MCT Oil:
- Weight loss: MCTs cause your body to burn fat and calories by raising ketone levels, which increase your metabolism and energy.
- Suppresses hunger: Ketones from MCT oil curb food cravings and help you feel full.
- Easy to digest: Your body breaks down MCTs quicker than other fatty foods, so those ketones are more readily available.
- More brain power: MCT oil turns into ketones within minutes, providing your brain with immediate energy.
- Strengthens the gut: MCT oil encourages good bacteria to grow and heals the gut lining.
- Boosts your workout: MCT oil helps you exercise longer and improves stamina.
Brain Octane is a concentrated form of MCT oil, using only the most ketogenic MCT in coconut oil to produce 4x the amount of ketones of plain coconut oil It’s used in the original Bulletproof Coffee recipe, and is also found in Bulletproof’s new Collagen Protein Bars and their ready-to-drink Cold Brew Coffee.
Find these serious brain boosters in the Wellness Department at your local Earth Fare!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.