Stay safe in the sun this season with natural sunscreen! At Earth Fare, we carefully evaluate each of our suncare products to ensure their quality standards. Every sunscreen we carry is biodegradable, not tested on animals, and safe for you and the environment. Now, use these tips to help select the best sunscreen for you!
- Look for mineral-based sunscreens with titanium dioxide or zinc oxide as the active ingredient. They provide UVA and UVB protection by reflecting the sun’s rays.
- Higher SPF doesn’t necessarily mean better protection, especially if your sunscreen doesn’t have “Broad Spectrum” SPF protection. This ensures that your protected from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Choose a spray sunscreen if you’re on-the-go (or trying to get kids to stand still long enough for you to apply it in the first place) for quick, convenient application. If you’re looking for every day protection or a fuller coverage, choose a lotion sunscreen.
- Skin soothing ingredients are just as important as sun protection, especially if you have sensitive skin. Try an unscented version or one with lavender, aloe, or rose to nourish skin while keeping it protected.
- Always reapply your sunscreen if you’re spending a lot of time in the sun, but in case you forget, grab a waterproof or long-lasting sunscreen for extra staying power.